Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Julia is 10 weeks old today and I went back to work. It was OK. I had enough to do that the morning went really quickly and the afternoon was fine too.

I really wanted a nap at about 2:30, but I got some sugar in my system and I was all right. Julia only got me up once last night, but I had a lot of trouble getting back to sleep afterwards--that old anticipation-of-the-alarm thing. I'll go to bed early tonight and Greg will get up with Julia when she wants to be fed.

I was all right with leaving Julia at daycare for the first time, too. She's been going with me to drop off Allie for weeks, of course, but this time I left her there with her sister. It was definitely easier than when Allie started daycare, for a couple of reasons.

For one, I feel a lot better about Karina, our current provider, than Sherry, who had Allie as an infant. Allie's been going to Karina for months already, so my trust in having Julia with her is obviously unlike that first day leaving Allie with Sherry, who we really didn't know from Adam.

For another, Karina didn't ask me, with a sympathetic voice, how I was doing or if I was OK. That's enough to get me teary-eyed, right there, especially since I think my hormones are still a little screwed up.

I got teary in the car and then I was OK. And I saw both girls at lunch, though Julia was sound asleep in a swing. I'll be visiting them at lunch at least twice a week, for my benefit much more than theirs.

And so we move on to the next stage in our lives, I guess. This is how things will be until Allie starts kindergarten, in two short years.

No comments: