Monday, April 19, 2004

I've been sick again. Yeah, yeah, who cares.

Today I served a pizza lunch to 683 people. Well, I made the arrangements for 683 people at work to have pizza, to celebrate a large order we received from a company I won't name but whose initials are UPS.

It's enough business to keep about 1/3 of our workforce busy for about 8 months. Worth celebrating. And thank god the pizza party is finished now and we had enough pizza for everyone but not too much left over.

Our bill for pizza, just for the city that I work in, was almost $1700, without tax. We gave them a $40 tip. That's 2%. Before I get nasty e-mails from waitstaff and delivery people, I want to state that we based the tip on information from one of our supervisors who works at Pizza Hut nights delivering pizza.

He said that $10 per driver would be a respectable tip but not outrageous. Gosh, they only toted around 162 pizzas, no big deal!

I should add that I am in absolutely no hurry to see sausage, pepperoni, or cheese anytime in the near future.

No comments: