Sunday, March 12, 2006

Julia has been wearing big girl panties fulltime for 9 days now and she hasn't had another accident since the first day. This is a big deal. Last night, she protested about having to wear a pull-up to bed so she went completely big-girl with pajamas for the first time. And there was success! No accidents.

The only problem with this system is that when she wakes up in the morning, she doesn't play quietly for a little while any more. Instead, she immediately start yelling, "Mommy, I gotta go potty. Mommy, I gotta go potty." Needless to say, you don't dally in bed.

But why do they always have to call for Mommy?

Allie called for me twice in the middle of Friday night. "Mommy!" "Mommy!" She had bad dreams. Last weekend, she threw up in the middle of Saturday night. Frantic calls of "Mommy!"

All right, I shouldn't complain. I'm the one who wanted children and this is part of the package. I'll sleep all night through and late on weekend mornings when they go to college.

No comments: