Saturday, November 03, 2007

Giggles galore

I took the girls to the grocery store this afternoon and they conned me into taking the big red kid-transporter cart around the store. You know, the one with the cart on the front and the big plastic attachment on the back so two kids can sit comfortably and even stretch out their legs. It's incredibly difficult to steer, but the girls like it because they can hop in and out and sometimes Mommy drives in fun patterns if the aisle is wide and uncrowded.

We went through the produce section, then both girls got free cookies at the bakery, so they were happy chewing and riding for a little while. Of course, that didn't last. They started standing when they were supposed to be sitting and hopping in and out a little too frequently. Then they started giggling.

I'm sure to the casual observer, they looked awfully cute. They were giggling together and complaining loudly about the things I wasn't buying them and it was all very charming until they started to play hit each other. They thought it was incredibly funny, but they got louder and louder and I told them to cut it out more than once.

I asked them if it looked like I was serious about them calming down. I told them if they ever wanted to see their Halloween candy again, they needed to stop hitting each other. I asked them politely to quiet down.

Meanwhile people in the store kept smiling at them and the noise they were making. Of course, Allie especially just loves to perform, so on they went. I'm sure they're regretting things now that all of their candy has become mine. Thank goodness my evil plan has come to fruition. It's mine, all mine!

No comments: