Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Julia's talking again

Last night, the ice cream truck went through our neighborhood. The girls were already in their pajamas, but Julia went out looking for the truck anyway, at least to the porch. Then Greg decided he was having an ice cream craving, so he ran to the store and bought some Push-Ups. Grape, orange, and raspberry sherbet in a tube, if you don't recall Push-Ups from childhood. Actually, they only used to have orange, but I guess some improvements in the last 30 years are likely.

The girls LOVED the Push-Ups. LOVED them, LOVED them, LOVED them. Today, I let them have Push-Ups after lunch and they asked for Push-Ups again after dinner. I won't let them eat them in the living room, so Julia put the chairs from our kitchenette right where the living room begins and the girls ate Push-Ups with relish.

Now it's a little after 8 p.m. and Julia came upstairs to ask me if she and Allie could have Push-Ups again. I asked her why she didn't ask her daddy (who is in the living room) and she said she did and he said no. I told her that was it then. She asked if she could have a Push-Up tomorrow and I said, maybe, if you eat a good lunch.

She said, Can I have one at breakfast time? I started laughing and asked if she was really wanting to have a Push-Up for breakfast. She smiled not so innocently and said, First cereal, then a Push-Up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a push up too!!!

Kerry said...

Evan keeps leaving the freezer door open when looking for ice-pops. He's tried saying that he should have one for breakfast too but he didn't get far on that one. I have however borrowed a child safety catch to stop my freezer defrosting so much. Yes, he's that obsessed.

Dwayne said...

A Push-Up with relish doesn't sound very good to me!