Saturday, January 10, 2004

Greg and I just had an argument over who did more work today. He said he made dinner, washed the dishes, and got groceries, so he had done all the housemaid work today. I reminded him that I washed and made bottles this morning and then I couldn't think of a lot more other than watching the kids all day.

Now I've had some time to think.

This morning, I did the bottles, but Greg made Allie breakfast. We both bathed one child. Greg made Allie's lunch. I watched the kids in the afternoon until 3, while I did three loads of laundry. Greg took Allie to the store and I fed Julia (again) and changed a poopy diaper. We both put groceries away. Greg made dinner, but when I was starting to clean up afterwards, he said he'd rather wash dishes than play "Sweetie and Mommy" with Allie. I eventually went upstairs and put away four loads of laundry (one was left from earlier in the week) and I got Allie in her pajamas. I think that makes us pretty even in work accomplished, because that was the point when we had our argument.

I said I wanted to blog and Greg said he deserved a break. While I've been downstairs blogging, he's had to change another poopy diaper (I believe). That makes us even more even.

I think today was a pretty typical Saturday as far as what we got done. So why were we arguing? Who knows.

No comments: