Thursday, March 25, 2004

Would you believe I've been sick again? Considering I never threw up with morning sickness in either of my pregnancies, I've done more ralphing in the last month than ever in my life.

Monday I started feeling like crap at work and I spent most of Monday evening in bed instead of with my family. Just like clockwork, almost exactly one week from when I threw up last week (within 1/2 hour of the same time), I was throwing up this week. Greg got it this time, too, on Tuesday morning.

I dragged myself in to work on Tuesday, idiot that I am, to prepare some weekly reports that a VP relies on. I went home in late morning and crawled into bed at noon. I didn't wake up until 4. I can't ever remember sleeping that long in the daytime. Maybe when I was 2 or so?

In any event, to cut boring blogs short, I'm feeling better. Thank god.

Julia and Allie are doing fine. Julia has been a little snarky healthwise for the last week but she seems to have rediscovered her appetite with spades in the last two days.

Tonight before bed, she ate baby applesauce, sweet potatoes, AND peaches. Have you seen those little jars of #1 baby food? She ate the equivalent of two whole jars, easily.

Happy family.

And, we get to have a family day this weekend. We're getting a babysitter for Julia (WHAT--but they never do that? Well, we're going to!) and Greg and I are taking Allie to see the Peter Pan Ballet.

You might remember Greg's blog about seeing this with her last year. She adored it. For a long time, it was her favorite thing in the entire world. And now she gets to see it again.

When I told her tonight that we were going, she was thrilled. Then she said, "This year, Mommy, when the show is over I'm going to talk to the people that were on the stage for sure. I'm going to be brave."

She chickened out last year, which was no big deal. Isn't it a shame that even a four-year-old can be bothered by regrets? Well, she's getting the opportunity to resolve the situation and I can't wait.

I'm not that excited about seeing the ballet again, though it was cool and I always love live theater. It's watching her face as she watches the ballet that I can't wait for. She'll be flying through her dreams again.

No comments: