Tuesday, August 07, 2007

7 Things About Me

Well, Dan at All That Comes With It tagged me with a Meme, so I have to try to think of 7 things about me. Don't get me wrong, I like to talk about myself as much as anyone, but I think it's going to be difficult to be at least mildly interesting. I'm only doing this so I can tag three other people and get them to update their blogs:

1. I graduated magna cum laude with a double major in English and Business Administration and a minor in Economics. Why is it that people think you're a grammar expert just because you studied English literature?

2. My maiden name was Leege (pronounced "league"), so when Greg and I got married, we joked that we were getting "Leege-Lee" married. It wasn't really funny, but our wedding was featured in a local wedding magazine and they used that quote in the story.

3. Since I finished college, I've worked for only two firms. That's two companies in 20 (gasp, how can it be 20!) years. That's supposed to be quite unusual these days.

4. I purposely chose Julia's birthday to be in the month of July (on the 30th), while mine is in August, so that she would feel like she always had her own birthday celebration and it wouldn't become one event with mine.

5. My head is not evenly round. If I ever lose all my hair, I'm certainly going to be one of those women who always wears a head scarf, because I have what feels to me like a large bump out on one side, above my ear. I tell Greg it's because I have too many brains to fit in a normal shaped head.

6. I will read just about anything, especially if I'm alone and eating something. I used to work in a place where all my co-workers were male and we all had lots of free time around our work duties (someone had to be on duty all the time whether anything was happening or not). There were a ton of fishing magazines around and even though I have very little interest in fishing, I learned a lot about test line and trout populations.

7. I've had the same bed pillow since I was a kid. It's down and really heavy and probably totally gross, but I wouldn't think of replacing it. I'd feel icked out about it, but my sister Pam still has her pillow from the same time period, so I'm not alone. Someone at work told me that after two years, 1/2 of your pillow has been replaced by dust mite corpses (or some time period like that). I don't care, I'm keeping my pillow. So now you know that's I'm very stubborn.

Phew. I'm tagging my husband, because very few people are interested in his oil change blog. I'm tagging Dwayne, because I'm tired of feeling guilty that he rode for four hours to see us and we weren't home. And I'm tagging Bon Bon, because she does more photos than she writes and I'd like to know more about her. Happy Memeing!

No comments: