Friday, February 29, 2008

Rudeness alert

Well, Allie's been excluded. Kids in her class have just this year begun having big birthday parties where classmates are invited. Allie went to her first big party in January, which included getting her hair and nails done at a local beauty school, followed by a pizza party. There are 9 girls in her class and 12 girls attended that party, so it was obviously inclusive.

This week, one of her classmates handed out birthday party invitations to, according to Allie, all of the girls in the class except her. The invitations were distributed right in front of her.

Allie said she asked the birthday girl if there was an invitation for her and she was told that she'd bring one the next day. That hasn't happened and obviously, I don't care if she goes or not. But Allie does.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Oh that really sucks!!! That other kid sounds like an ill-bred little b!tch—I think I hate her.

Interestingly enough, the school that my niece & nephew attend actually has a policy concerning birthday invites. Unless everyone in the class (or every girl if it's a girl party/boy if it's a boy party) is invited the invitations CAN'T be handed out at school. In the interest of avoiding hurt feelings you'd think parents would be able to figure that out without a policy, but I guess not!

If they don't want to invite everyone, fine. But then they should exert the minimal effort required to look up the addresses of the kids they ARE inviting & mail the damn things. Some people just rude!

Anonymous said...

Want me to come round and punch the kid in the face for you. I bet i could take her.

Greg said...

I so totally wanted Allie to say, "My dad's friend says you're an ill-bred little bitch and he's flying in another friend all the way from England to kick your ass."

She didn't. In fact, the entire episode didn't seem to bother her all that much.

Okay, it didn't bother her as much as it bothered me.

Thanks, you guys.

Dwayne said...

That really is unfortunate. I'm hoping that it was an administrative oversight, but I think the damage has been done (at least to Greg and Deb).

There really should be rules about that kind of thing.

And Dan, if she proves to be too much for you, maybe Sam can come help.

frank said...

Tell Allie not to worry about it, that little girl will grow up to be a rude, nasty person like her mother, and who wants friends like that. We want to keep Allie sweet and beautiful. The teacher obviously doesn't know what goes on in her classroom. When my girls were in school, if you weren't inviting everyone the invitations had to be sent to their home, so there was not any hurt feelings. And as far as being rude, I think it was just mean...

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, as you said it hurts you more than it seems to have affected Allie, which goes to show what a great girl you have there.