Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dinnertime

Today is Sunday. I've been cooking a lot lately (since I have little else to do, or so Greg says) and so Greg hasn't had a chance lately to be creative in the kitchen, which is something he very much enjoys. It's just a shame that he lives with the three of us, because we are hopelessly pedestrian in our tastes in food. Nonetheless, he perseveres (sometimes) and today, he decided to make us an absolutely enormous pot of spaghetti, homemade tomato sauce, and meatballs. He wrote about it here. The tomato sauce was wonderful and Greg made both of his daughters take exactly one meatball on their plates to try.

Allie is pretty brave about trying new food and she tasted the meatball and ate the whole thing with most of her spaghetti. I cleaned my plate of all of the spaghetti, light sauce, and meatballs that I took. And then there was Julia. Julia has a bad habit of saying that her stomach hurts when she doesn't want to eat any more of her dinner (or any of it at all). We've been trying to work on this habit with her somewhat, so tonight she took another tack.

We insisted that she try one small piece off of her one small meatball. She ate it and didn't say it was yucky or any other comments about it's taste. She clearly didn't want to have to eat anything else on her plate however, so she tried something new. She reminded me that I made her a really big lunch for school on Friday, then said she was full from that.

Allie didn't understand why I was laughing.

No comments: