Saturday, October 04, 2008

Redo done

This week I painted our master bathroom. Instead of being a creamy white that the builder selected (with chipped areas on the exposed corner), it's now a light greenish grayish color called Boulder. I like it.

In the spirit of renovation, Greg and I decided to put up a new shower rod. It's one of those rods with an arc so that when you have a shower in the tub, you can keep the shower curtain from getting familiar with your private parts. I love it. It tends to feel a little too spacious, actually, after the years of close quarters, but I'll be happy to get used to it.

And since it's been 5 days now, my body parts don't ache anymore from the weird positioning required to paint a bathroom. On my knees, reaching behind a toilet in a confined area--not my favorite way to paint. Standing on a ladder with my neck arched in a weird angle--not my favorite position. But it was worth it.

Now we're thinking of tackling the living room and kitchen. Be still, my heart.

No comments: