Sunday, December 07, 2008

Snow queen

On Friday, Greg and I took the girls to a local production of the above-mentioned play. It was about 80 minutes long and featured all youth performers. Some of the singing we heard was quite good and there was an attempt made to entertain adults by including some references aimed at adult humor. Nonetheless, when Allie asked me afterward what my favorite part was, I said the end. Not the ending, the end. She got it after just a moment.

Yesterday, Greg taught me how to use our snowblower. It was cold and quite windy and we tackled the 3 or so new inches of snow in the driveway. Allie and Julia came outside with us to play but Julia only lasted about 5 minutes. She's such a fragile flower. I didn't really enjoy my lesson. That was partially because the wind blew a LOT of snow over my body and especially in my face. It was also because the snowblower is considerably heavier than the lawnmower and I found it tough to maneuver and turn around.

Then I blew snow off the sidewalk and didn't do a good enough job for Greg. While I was coming back down the block (and getting pummeled with an avalanche of light blowing snow from the chute and the wind), Greg took pity on me and showed me how to adjust the output. He went over the sidewalk again and we were done. At least yesterday, snowblowing doesn't take as long as lawn mowing, that's a good thing. And now I have a new skill for my resume.

No comments: