Tuesday, March 31, 2009

See what you've been missing?

It is raining today and the girls and I are bored. We should bake something. That's what I normally do when I'm home and it's raining.

But alas. Our house is a messy disaster area (except for the basement, which Greg did his best to turn into a bed-and-breakfast by expending significant effort this past Sunday). So I must clean.

After all, we're excited that the British invasion is coming on Thursday for 12 days. And though we may be able to get away with a cursory cleaning for our normal house guests (who usually only stay 2-3 days and about whom I theorize therefore could not possibly have time to notice how dusty the tops of all of my picture frames are), these people will be sticking around long enough to notice all of our dust.

So I'd best stop procrastinating and get to the cleaning. Right after I surf the web for an hour or so.

8 comments:

Dan said...

We have our white gloves all ready for dust inspection

Anonymous said...

Deb, paint the back wall where the fireplace is an accent color,something that will pop

Anonymous said...

Deb, I didn't write that! I bet you thought it was me. Marcia

Deb said...

Painting an accent wall would have been an excellent idea, if we had been brave enough to attempt it last week, when I was painting. Now, I don't plan to paint that wall again for another ten years.

What I didn't mention in my post was that I spilled an entire tray of paint into the carpeting while painting that particular wall.

Bad memory. Bad, bad memory.

Dan said...

That's not good enough Deb. I demand an accent wall.

Oh, and quick, hang up the picture's we bought you last time we came.

Jeannette said...

Hope you haven't worn yourself out before they arrive. When the children were small and we were expecting visitors it was the only time I really rallied with the housework, so much so that when I asked Kerry or Neil to do some chores they would ask who was coming. Now I go to work and leave it to Archie.

Anonymous said...

Well since David has to earn a place to sleep let Marcia earn hers and do that accent wall for you.

Anonymous said...

We know Marcia would do it. All they have to do is ask.