Thursday, December 03, 2009

Delays in bedtime

Last night, Greg was at badminton when it was time for the girls to go to bed. Julia was tired, so I closed her door and she settled right down. Allie gets to read a book until 8:30, so I kissed her goodnight and went downstairs to fold laundry.

When I finished the laundry, I carried the basket to the foot of the stairs and placed it there, ready to go up. Then I sat down in the living room.

At 8:45, Allie came downstairs. "Mom, I have a loose string on my sleeve that I need to cut."

I rolled my eyes at her, thinking that was one of the lamest excuses she's ever come up with for coming downstairs to see what we're doing after her bedtime.

"And I thought I heard a burglar. There was a weird thump or something."

OK, lamest excuse bar that one.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Amy gets taken to bed between 7.30-8 but will often still be awake late at 9.30. Last night she cane down for a hair brush so she could brush her hair as soon as she woke up - yeah right.....

Kerry said...

Ps nice to see you blogging again :)