Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Growing up

As Greg mentioned in his post, Allie started learning about puberty in health class today. When she came home from school, Julia went outside to play and Allie and I talked through all of her questions for about 45 minutes. These discussions have been going on for awhile now, but now of course, she wanted more details on certain things.

Actually, I didn't answer ALL of her questions. She said, Mom, I understand that the sperm and the egg together make a baby but I don't know how they get together. I said, Allie, that's sex. She said, drawing out the word in realization, OOOOOHHHH.

I told her we'll talk about sex eventually, but that right now, we'll just concentrate on puberty. One conversation at a time, please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! Nan

Kerry said...

Amy's asked me a couple of questions which I've either managed to avoid or have answered enough for what she needs to know now :)