Thursday, July 13, 2006

Creaky and old

I can't believe how much I enjoy watching "I Love the (70s, 80s, 90s)" on VH1. It's all so familiar and some of it seems so recent, not twenty years ago or longer.

I turned 40 last year and Greg turns 40 this year. I'm starting to have trouble reading really tiny type on things and I usually turn on a light when I need to do something detailed. I have some gray hair (though not as much as my sisters!). I sometimes feel creaky in the morning when I first get up, for a minute or two--usually my feet or my left knee (if I sat with my leg under me the night before).

I was thinking the other day that when my mom was the age I am now, I was already 15 years old and her oldest was 19 and on her own.

On the other hand, I have a six and a half year old and an almost three year old. I didn't plan it that way, but I think they'll keep me young for a good while yet.

No comments: