Thursday, July 06, 2006

Naked sliding

I don't know what type of paragraph you were expecting when you read that title, but the naked refers to an almost 3-year-old who refused to wear clothes while on the slip and slide the other day.

The slip and slide is new, you see. I got it out of the box on July 4th and put both girls in t-shirts and shorts to try it out (their swimsuits having been forgotten at daycare that day).

As you can see from the pictures on Greg's blog, Allie was perfectly happy keeping on her outfit while she got wet. Julia, however, is apparently a budding nudist.

Initially, she was OK getting wet wearing her t-shirt-and-shorts "swimsuit." Then she said she was cold, so I bundled her next to me on the blanket while we watched her sister slide, Julia wrapped tightly in a towel.

I thought she'd be more comfortable sitting there without her clingy wet t-shirt, so I helped her out of it, keeping the towel wrapped around her shoulders so she wouldn't get colder.

Almost immediately, she got over her goosebumps and decided she was ready to slide again. Except she decided she didn't need to wear her wet shorts or panties either. She pushed them off and took off towards the slide. I was laughing too hard to insist immediately, and by the time I started to press the issue, she was busy sliding and repeatedly told me, "I OK, I OK."

My daughter, the naturist. I got some cute pictures of her bare backside. I've got big plans for blackmail in about 14 years!

No comments: