Thursday, July 27, 2006

Time's a-passing

It may not seem like many, but I've written exactly 150 posts in almost exactly three years, since I began writing in this blog that Greg made me start.

On my blog entry written on July 26, 2003, I wrote about counting down the last few days before our baby's birth. I also commented that Greg had picked up Allie and they were galloping all over the basement to bluegrass music as I typed. I said, "oh, the energy of a three-year-old."

And now Julia's turning three on Sunday. She's very excited. She's been talking about when her birthday was going to come since Allie had her birthday. I guess she thinks birthdays are a pretty good deal, what with the cake, ice cream, presents, and massive attention.

Our girls were born exactly three-and-a-half years apart, so it's been a long six months for the poor child.

Her party is on Saturday. It'll be the third annual Julia's Birthday Party Water Fight, an Elmo cake, great food cooked by Chef Greg, and a houseful of family who don't visit often enough.

She can't wait. I can't wait. Here's to happy birthdays!

No comments: