Friday, April 25, 2008

How does this make me tired

Yesterday, I went to an all-day seminar in Milwaukee. It was almost a 12-hour day. I drove for about two hours, I sat through introductory remarks, I attended two breakout sessions, I ate more for lunch than I've eaten for lunch in months, I attended two more breakout sessions, and I drove for about two hours. I was sitting for almost the entire day.

Yes, I recognize that I sit for almost the entire day every day, but this seemed a lot different. Normally, I get up and walk around between tasks. I deliver documents, prepare mail, fax things, consult with people in their offices. But this was a lot of sitting. I felt very tired when I got home. I definitely didn't feel like doing anything physical.

So, like I have for 15 weeks now, I dragged my sorry butt down into the basement and walked on the treadmill. Yep, me. I've been exercising (however minimally, really) at least every other day for at least 1/2 hour for 15 whole weeks. That means I've been walking since two weeks before we went to Disney, since I was trying to prepare somewhat for all the walking we did on that trip.

Disney seems forever ago, unfortunately. But hopefully this minor legacy of activity will continue forever-- we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to be very proud of yourself. It takes alot of discipline to get on that darn treadmill at the end of the day.. Keep up the good work! Nan

Anonymous said...

Well done Deb, that take's some committment. Could you do an extra half an hour for me please.