Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring

We were away for the weekend, celebrating a late Easter with my family. My sister Pam hosted the annual Easter Egg Hunt, which needless to say my girls love more than any Easter Egg Hunt ever devised because they only compete against each other. This year, Allie found 44 eggs full of candy and coins and Julia found 46.

The hunt took place after Pam's kitchen just about exploded from the pressure of all of the food that she and Jeff (and my parents too) prepared. I won't list it all; suffice it to say that the menu for the noon meal alone ran to about 20 items. I think she's trying to kill us all. Not that she was standing there with a firearm forcing us to eat to excess but hey, somehow we all did anyway.

Even the weather cooperated. The lakeshore of Wisconsin can be a chilly place at any time of the year but somehow the weather stayed warm enough that the girls just ran around in spring coats to find their eggs. We have photos of numerous years of egg hunts when they wore winter coats and boots because of all the snow in Pam's yard.

Ah, spring.

2 comments:

Dan said...

I'm glad your girls got to do that and we din't spoil things by our visit.

It's very pleasant weather here too, bith Evan and I are in shorts. And magnificent we look too.

Kerry said...

According to my phone it's 80 degrees there today. What a difference a week and a half makes!