Sunday, September 17, 2006

Me and bugs

If you know me, you might look at the time this post was entered and think, "wow, that's unusual, for Deb to be putting up a new post at 12:30 at night." Yeah, I think so too.

The reason I'm awake is that I feel like I want to claw my skin off.

Friday night, the girls and I went to play outside at about 6:30 p.m. Now we live in Wisconsin, where after about 7:30 or so, you can expect to be attacked by mosquitos if you're in the grass or shade or near water.

It wasn't after 7:30 and we were in the driveway, but that didn't seem to make a difference. We were making chalk drawings and we were all being ATTACKED by little swarming mosquitos.

It got so bad that I made the girls stop playing so we could go in. Despite vocal protests from them, I might add.

We went into the house and later, I was reading a couple of books to the girls when suddenly, I also felt like I wanted to claw my skin off.

I can't ever remember feeling that way with mosquito bites. I felt like my ankles (where I have most of my 14 or so bites) were on fire. I rushed maniacally through the rest of the book so I could rush upstairs and get my itch gel. Julia has about 3 bites and Allie has about 5.

I've been exceeding the recommended dosage of itch gel since. Tonight, I went to bed (about 2 hours ago) after putting on a fresh coat, but I guess the movement of my ankles in the sheets prematurely wore off the medicine.

Thus my wanting to claw my skin off again. Oh my god.

I hate mosquitos so bad right now. If I had a mosquito in front of me and I had access to tools of torture, I'd be getting so medieval on it's ass . . . I am feeling very violent right now.

Violent, and wide awake. Goddammit.

No comments: