Friday, September 29, 2006

Money down the hose

I don't wear slacks to work. I don't like the way I look dressed in "slacks." What a stupid name for a piece of clothing, really.

I wear a skirt to work every day, normally with "tan" colored hose (which is so ironic since I've never even begun to have a tan on my legs in my entire life and I never intend to).

I've been working in the professional world for (gasp!) 19 years now. Ladies, are you with me here--I don't think I even want to begin to think how much money I have spent over the years on hose.

Literally thousands of pairs of hose. Run and holey eventually, every one of them, until I couldn't wear them any longer and pretend that I didn't know I had a run.

I buy No Nonsense hose, or Hanes, so I've spent much less money over the years on hose than other women I know. I've bought regular hose and control top hose and even thigh high hose (way back when) by the dozens and dozens.

Right now, I'm typing this in our bedroom, wearing a cozy wool sweater with a hole in the elbow, that I originally bought for my trousseau (that's what your honeymoon wardrobe is called, FYI). Since our 10th wedding anniversary is coming up in three weeks, you can do the math.

If I could buy a pair of hose that would last a fraction as long----heck, if I could invent a pair of hose that would last a fraction as long, I'd be rich.

Rich, rich, I tell you, beyond my wildest dreams. My wildest dream about hose, that is.

No comments: