Monday, September 24, 2007

The Americans are coming, the Americans are coming

Well, in the morning, we're off to visit the other side of the world (or at least Ireland). We're going to be renting a car, driving on the left (god rest our souls), and seeing the sights. Then in the middle of our trip, we're heading over to see Dan, Kerry, Amy and Evan (plus Jeanette and Archie, I believe) for two days.

We're very excited. They say they're very excited. I'm happy beyond belief to get away from work. Greg says he's not sure it was worth all the work he had to put in to take some time off, but he'll get happy--I'll make him.

I'm packed and my carry-on weighs 24 lbs. Greg is packing right now, muttering about colors of socks and tucking or untucking his shirts.

We're going to miss the girls like crazy, but they seem remarkably complacent about spending some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa. And those caregivers seem ready to go, especially since I gave them three pages of single-spaced notes on how to run our house and take care of the girls. You laugh, but they'll use every section, I'll wager.

Except for the girls' doctor's phone number and address. They can skip using that.

No comments: