Tuesday, January 08, 2008

8 Things Meme

I'm just helping out Dan with this one, since I don't believe anyone that he tagged with this meme has done it. Now I know why, it took awhile to think of good responses (or kind of good ones, you know what I mean).

8 things I am passionate about:
My family
Reading
Chocolate
Loyalty
Rules
Cats
Contentment
Learning

8 things I want to do before I die:
Have grandchildren
Travel the world
Celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary
Make a difference
Tell my kids stories about my childhood that they'll always remember
Organize my house
Read and learn something every day
Keep being happy

8 things I say often:
"Allie, chew with your mouth closed"
"Hunn-eee"
"What do you say?" (prompting please or thank you)
"I am so sick of this snow"
"No, you cannot have a piece of candy"
"I'll clean the cat box" (joke, not funny)
"Can I help you?"
"How was your day?"

8 books I have read recently:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - JK Rowling
The World Without Us - Alan Weisman
The Stand - Stephen King
Twilight - Stephanie Meyer
The Road - Cormac McCarthy
Stiff - The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers - Mary Roach
Little House on the Prairie - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2007 - Birnbaum


1 song I could listen to over and over again:

Everything - Michael Buble
This is supposed to be a section with 8 songs, but the reality is that I almost never listen to music anymore. I don't know most new bands, I don't know most songs, I don't own an MP3 player or iPod, and I listen to public radio instead of music. My CD player is my car is really dusty and I don't know how the buttons all work. I do realize that this is kind of sad. It depresses my husband. However, it is reality for how I live right now.

8 things that attract me to my best friends:
That they are - Loyal
Intelligent
Non-smoking
Light drinking
Good with kids
Easy going
Liberal
Funny

8 people who should totally do this meme:
Greg (but he won't)
Dwayne (he won't either)
Donna
Bon Bon
Jeanette (another one who won't)
Sam
Kerry
Paul

No comments: