Tuesday, January 01, 2008

400th post

Sorry, nothing spectacular, just post number 400 on the first day of a new year. It's taken me almost 4 1/2 years of blogging to get to this point. Not too impressive.

My day started today with a visit from the cats. The wooden headboard on our bed has a cap on it that's about 1 1/2 inches wide. This morning, both Rabies and Simon decided that they wanted to look down on me from the top of the headboard. You know how you can kind of feel it when someone is looking at you? Actually, that's not true. I didn't feel them looking at me until I heard them start washing each other's faces while they sat on top of the headboard. Weird cats; thankfully it was already 8:00, so I didn't kick their little furry asses out of the bedroom.

I've been feeling a little claustrophobic today, itching to go out and have dinner or shop or something. I've basically been in the house since Saturday afternoon, but of course nothing is open today. Dan called from England to say Happy New Year, which was very cool, but that's still not getting out of the house of course. To make myself feel better or something, I've been reading the blogs of people who are living and working at the South Pole. So now I have less self pity about not being able to get out.

It did snow today again. We missed the record for all-time December snowfall by 2 inches, but the weather people say that we definitely got our snow for the month in many more storms than normal. The only good thing about our winter right now is that the days aren't getting shorter anymore. How many days until spring? I'm afraid to figure it out.

No comments: