Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dentist day

Greg took Allie and Julia to the dentist this morning. For Julia, it was her third time in the chair and her first x-rays. On her first visit (1/4/07 if you want to look it up--I can't get the link to work), she screamed, alternately wouldn't open her mouth, and tried to kick the dental assistant (who was lousy with her, frankly). I had to hold her entire body and especially her arms as the dentist looked in her mouth.

On her second visit, she closely watched as Allie smilingly went before her, then things went smoothly. Today, she sat in the big chair all by herself (instead of on my lap--good thing since I was at a seminar), she opened her mouth, and she said she had a good time.

I love that my kids love the pediatric dentist.

The big news of the day, however, was Allie. After an entire year, she got the spacer taken out from the roof of her mouth. She says it feels very odd and she's not sure she likes it. I say, give her some gum and she'll forget all about the weird feeling. She's been pining for gum.

Fortunately for us, we won't have to miss that spacer for long. Dr. Wilson says Julia's going to need one too. I'm thinking it'll be in about 2 years. Genetic crosshatch, whatever that means.

Gregory, I may have doomed our children to someday have to wear glasses with my poor genes, but I'm putting this one on you!

No comments: