Sunday, March 30, 2008

A good weekend

Friday night, we went shopping for a birthday gift for the party Allie would attend on Saturday (her best friend Sandra--movie and pizza) and we had Mexican food at Carlos O'Kellys. There's a Carlos O'Kellys in Decatur too, near where Greg's family lives. It's always busy. This restaurant is always only about half full.

Saturday, Greg went car shopping because we've been thinking about replacing his car now that it has over 90,000 miles on it. I took Allie to her party and then Julia and I hung out and partied like it was 1999. Then Greg came home, all fired up about buying a VW Rabbit. I wanted to see what they were like to drive and Greg wanted me to drive it too, so I went off to Madison and he handled picking Allie up at the theater. Later, I visited the bookstore alone (when was the last time I got to do that!) and then I brought KFC home for dinner. That was some nice variety compared to the deli chicken we usually get from the local Pick Your Nose.

Today, Greg and Julia went off to Madison and bought a new flat screen TV and two booster seats for her for our cars. We've decided to put off getting the car. Allie and I played games and partied like it was 2008. And then the four of us had the best time of the weekend. We went bowling.

Oh my goodness. I haven't been bowling since probably before Allie was born, and neither had Greg. Allie wanted to try it because she's been bowling on the Wii with Greg lately. She discovered it's a lot harder in real life. Julia actually got second place in our little contest behind Greg, thanks to a bowling ramp. And I think Greg got three or four strikes. It was fun and both girls really liked it. We're definitely going to have to go again.

Allie's spring break is over now and she's back to school tomorrow and we're back to our normal routine. Here comes another week--

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forget how fun bowling is until you do it again.

And a flat screen TV is about a hundred times more practical than a new car. You can't watch "how clean is your house" on a car for a start off.