Monday, June 16, 2008

Hearing out loud

We let our girls "play" on the internet just a little. Julia likes the Polly Pocket website (the U.K. version usually) and Allie likes Barbie.com. I've had the talk with Allie about navigation, telling her that we will continue to help her get to the Barbie website because there are awful people on the internet and kids need to be careful (none of you, of course).

Saturday morning, Julia asked if she could visit Polly Pocket and I got her set up in the big chair in our bedroom with the keyboard on her lap. She started mousing away. I was doing something else and walked away, so when she called for help, I sent Allie. All was well. I went downstairs, Allie came downstairs, Allie went back upstairs--who was paying attention.

Then Greg came downstairs and joined me on the couch. Suddenly, we heard the loudest imaginable racket from the computer upstairs. Allie, apparently, had decided that Julia needed to hear the website better, so she turned the speakers all the way up. Julia was crying and screaming, Allie was screaming for help, and Polly was telling everyone that they needed to help her with her pets. Greg and I rolled eyes at each other and he headed upstairs to calm the troops.

Just another morning in the Lee household.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that made me laugh. Not the prospect of your children's blown ear drums but more so because I could imagine it happening here too...

Donna said...

Polly Pocket is a demanding mistress.