Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Amazingly inspirational

For those of you who don't know, Greg and I are lucky to have wonderful friends who live in Yorkshire, England. Dan and Kerry are amazing people, though Dan is more than a bit bonkers. Why would I say such a thing?

I say such a thing because in about 5 hours (our time), Dan and nine of his friends are starting on a walk for charity that's going to take them 78 miles or so (mostly uphill, it looks like). They have a week, and I think you'll understand why I say Dan is crazy when I tell you that the first two days are 16 miles each (mostly uphill, did I say that?). Kerry has graciously volunteered for the task of schlepping the luggage around for all of these guys. Who says men pack light? Check this pile out.

Dan and his friends are taking on this amazing challenge (mostly uphill, did I say that?) to raise money for a charity run by a wonderful couple he knows after they suffered a tragedy and wanted to help others. They sound like terrific people. You can read Dan's further explanation and appeal here. This is a wonderful cause. Please, it's not too late to help by making a contribution. And if you just can't swing a contribution, please stop by Dan's website to check out their progress over the next week and to offer some words of encouragement. Please, about mile 31 of day 2 (of mostly uphill), they're going to need it.

Thank you!

No comments: