Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cleaning up

We have a cleaning lady. We've had three different cleaning ladies, actually, one who stopped showing up, one who wasn't very good so we dumped her, and our current one. I don't like spending money so someone does something we absolutely are capable of doing ourselves, but I love not having to clean.

Peggy is coming tomorrow. That means we've done our normal Tuesday night run around, picking up the entire house for the cleaning lady. I say we, but I really mean me. I run around picking up the entire house while Greg makes fun of me for cleaning before the cleaning lady comes.

I'm of the opinion that it pays to pick up for the cleaning lady, because if she spends less time picking up and moving things, she'll spend more time actually scrubbing (and boy, does our house always need scrubbing).

So I have to go now, because the kitchen counter downstairs is covered with kid art projects, unpaid bills, tomatoes (my garden is going great right now!), pens and markers, snack bags full of cereal, and god only knows what else.

I have to go make yet another "bag of mysteries" and hide all our crap. Tomorrow night, my house will be clean and I will be a little poorer. It's worth every penny.

No comments: