Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Old, old, old--really

I just typed a blog on July 13 about how I was feeling old, but now I really am another year older.

That's such a crock. Day before yesterday, I was 40 years and 364 days old and yesterday I became 41 years old. One whole day older, yet for that, I get another year tacked on. It sucks.

I'm not crazy about being 41. 40 was OK because it was still so close to 39. 41 is inescapably sliding down into the mid-40s.

I don't want to be mid-40s. I feel like about 31 most of the time. Can't I just be 31?

If anyone has an objection to me being 31, speak now or forever hold your peace. I can't imagine that anyone would care if I was 31 instead of 41, so I'm going to find my birthday cake candle, light it again, and make magic happen.

Wish me luck.

No comments: