Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Free for the taking

All I can think about is money.

For the last week and a half, I've been working on calculating annual pay changes for all of the employees of my company, 1300 people.

Manufacturing hourly, office hourly, and salaried are all done separately and with slightly different methods. I've helped a very small amount with this process in the past, but now it's my baby.

I'd love to take the time to automate some of the processes, but this is not going to be the year for that. So I've been crunching numbers and trying variations in the statistics for a week and a half now, with very few breaks to do something else.

I'm pretty close to being finished now, but the company president needs to make a couple of decisions that could cause me to have to start about half the project all over again.

I want this to be over. I want my life back. I want to take a day off work.

Who wants some money? Anyone? I'll just give it away and then I can be finished. Whatta ya say?

No comments: