Monday, October 16, 2006

My favorite things about this weekend

My favorite memories about our weekend in the beautiful Door peninsula:

Trying wine samples at the Von Stiehl Winery in Algoma and remembering how we liked the tour the last time we went, 11 years ago, on our first real vacation together as a couple.

Stopping at my grandparent's graves to put flowers on. I haven't been there for at least 10 years and it was way overdue. It doesn't fit with the tone of the rest of the weekend, but I'm glad we stopped.

Eating at the Inn at Cedar Crossing restaurant and afterwards reading Greg's funny comment from 11 years ago in the B&B's guest book.

Getting to our cottage and finding it even better than I had hoped, cute, immaculate, nicely decorated, quiet, and even better overall than the pictures that made me book it online.

Having Greg unclench after only 10 minutes at our cottage.

Visiting Wind Cave County Park and watching my husband get wet by being daring.

Spending time exploring the county with my husband and having a wonderful time despite the fact that it was very cold and very windy and occasionally snowing.

Seeing a good play in an unheated theater, surrounded by people wearing hats, mittens, hoods, blankets, and boots.

Sleeping in a wonderful bed with the window open, so we could occasionally hear the waves on the shore.

Not having to get apple juice in sippy cups as soon as we got up.

Having an entire second day to do exactly what we wanted to do and no more.

Being with my husband.

Seeing my girls again on Sunday morning.

No comments: