Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Children

Last night, I watched a TV show about a family in Arkansas with 16 children. The mom and dad are about my age, but they married when the dad was 19 and the mom was 17.

They've had two sets of twins, so there have been 14 pregnancies, but the mom has still been pregnant for an entire decade. They're the Duggars, if you're interested in Googling.

Tonight, Allie and Julia were well-behaved at a book fair at Allie's school, OK at a restaurant, and naughty after that because they wouldn't stop fighting over a stuffed mouse that Allie got in a school kit today.

In their bath later, Allie and Julia were completely annoying. They fought over a new bar of soap. They complained about who got to get out of the bathtub first. Julia cried about having her hair partially blow-dried. Allie was scared to go in her room to get her pajamas because the light wasn't on.

They kept complaining about the mouse, asking for it repeatedly even after Greg put the mouse in timeout, and frankly, making noise by either asking for it or yelling at their sibling about it while I was trying to listen to my favorite current show, House.

Last night, I felt sorry for the Duggar kids, because they're never going to have the opportunity for the kind of one-on-one attention and love that I can give my two kids.

Tonight, I'm glad I just have two. Grr.

No comments: