Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ready, set . . .

It's almost Thanksgiving--the eating holiday!

Greg and I both took the afternoon off today, me to prepare baked goods and Greg to get in another ride on his motorcycle. We're having unseasonably warm temperatures, so he's getting his ass out there before the snow flies again.

I made homemade pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and Bavarian apple torte. Mmmmmmmm.

I love pumpkin pie with whipped cream and I love the apple torte, which is just a butter crust, cream cheese with sugar/vanilla/egg, and then cinnamon apples on top.

They aren't family recipes, so I'm not going to add them to Dan's contest, but they are good.

My parents are already here for the holiday and my sister Claudette and brother-in-law Mike are coming this evening and that's all we're having for guests. I asked my mom if she thought it would be OK if I had a little slice of pie, since it's just us family.

Pardon my french, but we're going to have a shitload of food left over. Besides the baked goods, Greg is planning:

deviled eggs
deep-fried turkey
ham
mashed potatoes
sweet potatoes with bananas (that's a new recipe, we'll see how it comes out)
stuffing
scalloped corn
glazed carrots
coleslaw
baked beans
rolls

We're planning to eat tomorrow about 1 p.m. If you don't have anywhere to be, feel free to stop by for the gorging. If we run short of pie, I'll arm-wrestle you for the last piece.

No comments: