Monday, November 17, 2008

Busted!

Allie lost another molar last night. I think that's about tooth number 10 that's she in the process of replacing. She'll be 9 in January and she lost her first tooth before age 5, so her dentist says she's on track, if running a little early.

She found her little pewter tooth fairy tooth holder (a long-ago gift from Lisa--thanks again, Lisa!) and put her tooth in place on her nightstand. I should find out where Lisa got this gift because if I could stop any parent from having to reach under a sleeping kid's pillow--but I digress.

Allie looked at me, then asked Julia to go away for a minute. I had a sinking feeling. Yep, she wanted to tell me confidentially that she saw me exchange her last tooth for cash. Dang! That night, she wasn't stirring when I went in her room, but she stirred right after I made the exchange. It was probably a month ago and she hadn't asked any questions until now, so I thought I was in the clear.

She's agreed to keep the tooth fairy secret for the sake of her sister. Her only condition was that she wanted to see the teeth I've been keeping. Why I've been keeping them, I don't know. Why she wanted to see them, I don't know.

But now we're conspirators together. I'm wondering when she's going to bring up Santa. And again, she's growing up too fast.

No comments: