Friday, November 14, 2008

Can it be 500?

According to Blogger, this is my 500th post. I've actually written over 500, but I deleted a few a few months back because I changed my mind about how much I wanted to talk about work. So 500 official posts available for review. That's a lot of talking about my kids and the cats.

Ah, who am I kidding. I know that I have about 10 regular readers and I know who all of you are, so most of you only really care to hear about my kids. I'm OK with that.

So, because we didn't report before, we did have 277 kids for Halloween this year. It was unseasonably warm, so that was actually a lower total than I expected. Our two kids had a good time trick-or-treating with their dad and the Clausen family. All of the chocolate is gone now from their candy stashes. I wonder how that happened? Oh, come on, please. I'm home all day with big candy stashes and those little fun size Milky Ways are just staring at me. What would you do?

By the way, I'm somewhat surprised that I haven't actually gained any weight since I've not been working. I've lost about 10 lbs. instead, which is exactly the opposite of what I thought would occur when I have immediate access to food all day. Not that the candy vending machine at work was all that distant, but whatever.

OK, so that's about it for my 500th post. More of the same old, same old. 500 posts in almost 5 1/2 years. I'm not exactly publishing enough to set the world on fire, but I'm capturing some family moments for my kids someday. That's enough for me. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

bon bon said...

when i took two weeks off this summer, i lost ten pounds just because i stayed so busy. but now that my ass is sitting behind a desk again for 10-12 hours a day, it's all back.

conclusion: work is bad for your health.