Sunday, July 15, 2007

It can't be

Tonight, while watching TV after putting the girls to bed, I saw my first ad for Back to School clothes. It was for Sears, which I have to admit would not be my first choice as a place to buy school clothes for Allie. I read something this past week about Sears, that malls no longer want them as an anchor store because they can't get other tenants to want locations in their wing. That's a big change from when I was a kid.

Regardless, I was saddened to see the ad because it seems that Allie has just started her summer break and it's half over, or almost half over. Earlier today, I sat down with her to read a book aloud. That's something we haven't done in probably three weeks. I told her I wanted to make sure she could still read.

She did great, of course. But since second grade is coming ever closer, I think I'd better start working on probability and statistics with her tomorrow night. After all, she's gotta get into a good college in a couple of years.

No comments: