Friday, July 13, 2007

Trapped!

Last night, I went upstairs to read shortly after the girls went to bed. Greg was watching some show about ComicCon and I didn't need to see that. It was very pleasant in our room with the windows all open and a nice breeze.

I heard Greg close the sliding glass door next to the living room and expected him to come upstairs. Instead, he went downstairs to play video games for awhile.

About 1/2 hour later, he came upstairs and we both got into bed. We were talking and I was dropping off to sleep when we heard a cat meow, seemingly from outside. Greg said, is that one of ours? I thought for a moment and said, no, I fed them before I came upstairs and they both came to eat.

We heard the cat meow again and there was a rattling noise. I said, now that I think about it, I heard a cat meow a few times while I was reading, but I didn't think anything of it. I said, maybe you'd better check.

Greg headed downstairs, and I heard the slider open and close. When he returned, I said, my god, tell me one of the cats wasn't outside! He said, No. Dumbass was stuck between the door and the screen door.

For at least 1/2 hour. He could have been out there all night, trapped in a four-inch wide space, if we hadn't had the windows open upstairs.

Stupid cat.

No comments: