Sunday, July 01, 2007

Weekend spent

My family went to visit my family this weekend. We left on Friday after work and arrived about 8:45 p.m., to be greeted by almost my whole family (poor Mike). The next morning, the group of us went to Bay Beach Amusement Park in Green Bay. After hours of carnival rides, arm painting, picnicking, and more rides, we headed to an amazing fireworks store where my husband selected a large amount of blatantly illegal rockets-red-glare.

It's not illegal to sell these babies, by the way, just illegal to set them off. Yet set them off we did, or started to, at a bonfire at my sister's house later last night. The festivities will continue this evening, and tomorrow, and the next night, until we actually reach the holiday.

Well, it's only supposed to be about a $110 fine for lighting these things. That's about how much my husband, the firestarter, spent on the actual products, so that seems fair.

No comments: