Sunday, July 22, 2007

So it's been four whole years

Four years ago, I started writing this blog, after my husband semi-forced me/appealed to my vanity. At first, I wrote only a few times a month, mostly about Julia--her birth, her progress, how Allie was interacting with her. Now, I write about all of us and what we're up to, and usually considerably more frequently than a few times a month. I'm certainly not funny like my husband, but I enjoy having the opportunity to let people (mostly family) know what we're up to. And if I hadn't started writing this blog, I'm not sure we'd have become friends with Dan and Kerry. They're wonderful people, and frankly I love being able to drop into conversation, "our friends in England." You didn't know I was that kind of a snob? Please. Who wouldn't think that was neat.

So for my latest update--what did we do this weekend? Well, it was the release of the last Harry Potter book, which my wonderful husband purchased for me (he took pains to tell me how long he had to wait in line to check out, of course). So I spent all of yesterday afternoon reading, plus yesterday evening and into the night. I finished at 1 a.m., which is as late as I can remember being awake in quite awhile. My opinion? I was happy.

I did get some laundry done and I cleaned all of our upstairs, which necessitated vacuuming vast volumes of very fluffy cat hair. Ick. Our kittens (who are almost a year old now) certainly shed less than our old cats, but their regular wrestling matches have definitely had an impact on dust/hair accumulation. Now that stuff is in the Dyson (vacuum).

The girls went swimming in the neighbors' kiddie pool today, Greg got immense amounts of groceries, I washed a bunch of dishes, and the three of them took a bike ride. A pretty typical summer weekend, really. Very nice, and something that I doubt I'd much remember if it weren't for this blog. So here's to four more years, plus.

No comments: