Friday, January 12, 2007

Depression

My cat just died, one of my best employees unexpectedly gave notice and I have to try to do his work myself (with one other person's help) until I find a replacement, I've only received four resumes for the job this week, I was already behind in my old job duties before this came up, my teeth hurt and I'm afraid I'm going to need a root canal, I'm still taking an antibiotic and I don't like taking medicine, Julia gave me her cold, I haven't been sleeping for crap lately, I fired a guy today who has a wife and two kids at home (he deserved it, but I feel badly for them), the restaurant we went to tonight had a heating vent above our table that blew really hot air from right on top of us every five minutes which dried out my contact lenses until I didn't think I'd ever be able to peel them off my eyes, and our sleeper sofa mechanism broke and we have to buy a new couch.

On the good side, we have banana bread, chocolate ice cream, fudge cookies, and Nestle Tollhouse bar cookies in the house. We never have this many treats around, so I guess things are looking up.

No comments: