Monday, January 08, 2007

Illness continues to stalk our home

The latest victim, Julia. She came out with a croupy cough starting early yesterday morning, and by the time she woke from her nap in late afternoon, she was up to a temp of 103.

Some Tylenol made her feel better and she even played a little later in the day. At this point, it appears to just be a cold. Julia loves her Tylenol. Maybe the fact that it's bubble gum flavored has something to do with that.

I remember loving the orange taste of the baby aspirin I chewed as a kid, so who I am to talk. My sisters and I did know better than to eat the chocolate Ex-lax when we weren't sick, however!

Nowadays, some pharmacies have flavor additives for nasty tasting medicines that aren't made just for kids. As long as our kids are still stymied by child-proof caps, I guess that kind of flavoring is a good thing.

In better news, little Ashton Wade came home from the hospital last Friday. I think he weighs a little over 4 lbs. right now. Here's hoping his family has a smooth transition to becoming a fivesome and that he continues to flourish.

No comments: