Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Political overtones

Greg is downstairs watching the State of the Union address and procrastinating about some work he should be doing. I am upstairs, refusing to listen to Bush talk, just on principle. The guy's an idiot and he has stupid ideas, so why would I listen to his propaganda on things he's not going to succeed at doing. The only good thing about all of these politicians announcing recently that they're running for president for '08 (because the election process is way too dragged out) is that it starts the countdown in my mind for when Bush will be gone.

Tomorrow morning, I'll read a little about the speech in the newspaper, preferably the section where they analyze the claims Bush makes and present the facts on each issue. He's usually stretching the truth or pontificating with oodles of wishful thinking.

Greg and I have always taken the girls with us when we exercise our civil rights to vote, since Allie was an infant. Gosh, guess who I'll be voting for in November, 2008. Anyone but George W. Bush!

No comments: