Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mildly sweet stories

This morning, Greg was getting ready to leave for work. He'd already kissed Allie and Julia goodbye and was heading towards me, as I was making Allie's lunch, to kiss me goodbye.

Allie went running after him and said, Wait! She grabbed a napkin off the table, wrote quickly with a marker, and held it out to her father. The napkin said, Press, and she'd drawn a giant button in the middle. When Greg pretended to press the button, she threw down the napkin and attacked him with a hug.

*******

Julia and Allie got free mini piggy banks last night when they went to the grocery store with Greg. There's a new bank inside the store that's trying to drum up business. Today, Julia wanted to bring her piggy bank with her to daycare, to show it to her friends. Of course, she wanted to have some additional coins to put in her bank.

I grabbed my wallet and all I had for change was a dime. She took it and put it in her bank, then she asked for something big. I went over to our little change dish and grabbed a quarter for her. She said, Is that big? I told her quarters are as big as coins get (most of the time). She put it in the slot and said, Is dere more big money in dere?

Sure, honey. It's the magical change dish! Quarters without end. Not.

No comments: