Monday, May 28, 2007

Howdy

Last Monday, I spent hours in a hearing with attorneys. Tuesday, I spent hours in a deposition with attorneys. Wednesday, I spent hours preparing for a deposition with attorneys. Thursday, I spent hours in depositions with attorneys.

I'm glad that part of last week is over.

Last Friday, the family traveled to the in-laws in Illinois for part of the long weekend. We had a wonderful visit. Then we got back on the road and drove four hours back home (not including time we were stopped eating dinner). One of the attorneys from last week had lunch with me on Thursday. She has four children and said that she can't fathom that anyone with children would choose to travel without a portable DVD player.

She couldn't figure out what we do in a compact car with our girls for four hours. I told her that we talk, we sing, and we play car games. I didn't talk about it, but the girls also fight over toys, we yell at them, they both sing to themselves, Allie tells stories to herself, Julia (and sometimes Allie) usually dozes off for a little bit, and when we get close to Nana and Papa's house, we play "Is that their house?"

It was a pretty standard trip and we were glad to see our home again. Not as happy as the cats were to see us, however. There was rampant love going on all over the house.

I like holiday weekends. I'm just trying not to think about going back to work tomorrow.

No comments: