Monday, February 26, 2007

It's never going to end

Since I last posted, I have shoveled twice more.

This morning, I shoveled the driveway of about an inch of snow so the passage of our cars wouldn't leave tire tracks that'll last until April. And this evening, I shoveled the sidewalks again, which were incredibly slippery by the way.

It snowed for about another three hours this afternoon, which is completely disgusting.

At work, we had so much snow drift off the flat roof that all the entry doors on the west side of the building were completely buried. The drifts started at about 10 feet up and extended at least 12 feet or so from the building. Some lucky souls had the fun of digging out narrow little pathways so all the rest of us could get inside to work.

There were a number of semi trailers parked at receiving docks next to the building. Because they were closer to the roof, these trailers actually looked like they got more snow on their roofs than the entry doors got. The roofs on the trailers are damaged from the weight of the snow.

We have a large parking lot full of product and I understand that the entire day was a series of pieces of equipment getting stuck in various places and having to pull each other out. My company owns a front loader, but we only have one and we have five plants in this city alone. We couldn't possibly get everything done that needed to be cleaned up.

Did I mention that we're supposed to get another storm starting Wednesday night that may bring us another 6 inches of snow? I think I'm going to cry.

No comments: