Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ongoing events

It's snowing again. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Julia has a fever today. She was a little hot last night and this morning, I felt her forehead and knew I wasn't going in to work this morning. Greg suggested taking her to daycare and seeing how things went, but I said uh uh.

Because I work in town, I get the first call when either one of our girls is sick, either at school or daycare. Unless it truly is something that comes on suddenly, I hate that feeling of being a bad parent for trying to keep to my normal schedule.

Within a couple of hours, she was up to 102.6. She seems to have a little sniffles thing coming on, so hopefully that's all this turns out to be.

In the meantime, Allie is getting ready to do a parade around the hallways in school for Chinese New Year. All of the first graders get to participate in carrying a giant dragon around the building this Friday.

It's also "National Read Cat the Hat Day" on Friday, so she's supposed to wear her goofiest hat while her principal reads the story over the loudspeaker. Hundreds of schools nationwide are participating at the same time, 2:36 p.m.

I guess I could try that over the P.A. at work----

No comments: