Saturday, February 17, 2007

Oh my aching neck, I'm anticipating

We did it. This morning, our whole family went out to breakfast and then to the hardware store. And we bought paint. Then we came home and emptied the dining room, taped the molding, and painted the entire room is just a little over two hours.

Another room in my house isn't white any more! It's a brownish tan color that we've decided we really like. In the daytime, the big window in the room makes the color look not too dark, and at night it's kind of intimate. I'm pretty happy, despite the fact that my neck is likely going to quite sore tomorrow because I painted all of the edge around the ceiling and I am not a tall person.

The kittens are doing quite well, despite Simon's tendency to want to stick his nose into the gallon of paint today. We gave them some medication this morning, but they've been jumping and playing a little, so I think they're recovering well.

Allie was our official helper today, taking off and replacing the plates on the light switch and electrical outlets, among other assistance. Daddy warned her that getting a screwdriver into an outlet would result in her death, but she did just fine. Julia mostly stayed out of the way, though she did manage to get paint from somewhere onto her knee.

All in all, a little more productive Saturday for the Lee family than usual.

No comments: