Thursday, February 15, 2007

Paint me

I am a coward. Yes, it's true, I'm afraid of color, at least on walls.

Greg and I have lived in our house for 8 years now. It was new when we moved in, so every room was white. We haven't made much progress in changing that.

We painted Allie's room yellow before she was born and it's still yellow, though I'm sure she'd love it if we agreed to paint it pink (ugh). We painted Julia's room a fern green before she was born. She'd probably like purple now (double ugh). And after I mentioned to Greg that I thought a photo in a magazine was cool, he surprised me by painting our downstairs half bath a beautiful bright blue color.

That's it. All the other rooms in the house are still white. Oh, we've talked about painting the dining room a darkish tan color. We really need to paint the kitchen and the front entryway (which is open to the stairs up and the upstairs hallway) and which continues through to the living room and downstairs hallway. Both the bathroom that the girls use and our bathroom also really need to be painted.

After the disaster of what my workplace used to look like, I'm afraid of even choosing a color. Plus I'm lazy. I don't mind painting at all when I'm doing it, in fact I helped quite a bit with the painting at work, but somehow Greg and I never get around to changing anything at home.

Do any of you have a paintbrush that'll travel?

No comments: